- 1.1 Scope of Application
- 1.2 Priority of Special Notes
2. Management of Personal Information
- 2.1 Collection of personal information
In principle, you may view the Website(s) without disclosing personal information. However, when we receive your registration, e-mail news distribution request, and inquiries to us, you may be required to provide personal information.
The Website(s) and App(s) may collect certain technical information, e.g. which content you have viewed within the Website(s), or which website you have referred to access the Website(s). In the process of collecting such information, which purpose is to improve the usability of the Website(s) or App(s), information shall not be collected in a manner in which you may be identified, nor shall you be identified during the process of information analysis.
- 2.2 Purpose of use of Personal Information
The use of personal information provided by you shall be limited to the purpose of use clearly indicated to you in advance. However, we reserve the right to conduct additional processing to the extent permitted or required by relevant laws and regulations, or in support of any legal or criminal investigation.
We may process your personal information based on your consent, for the performance of a contract or as necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, including for responding to your inquiries and to customize and improve our web offerings, products and services in accordance with your preferences.
Personal information is only collected if you provide us with this information, e.g. in order to register for personalized services, and only processed and used for the provision of these personalized services, or in order to process your inquiries.
Furthermore, in connection with the personalized services we may process and use your information for advertising and market research purposes or for personalized provision of services if you have given your consent. If you give your consent the information accessed by you whilst visiting the Websites may be stored in a user profile in order to be able to offer you information specifically personalized for you (e.g. in the form of a newsletter). You may withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future.
If you use personalized services we will use your personal information required for the provision of the services for the duration of your registration and thereafter for as long as required or permitted under applicable laws. We may share your information with affiliated Fujifilm companies if this is necessary to respond to your inquiries or if necessary for the provision of the services. We may forward inquiries regarding our products and services also to a distributor that is responsible for the relevant product or service category and region.
If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will use the personal information necessary or separately provided by you to send you our e-mail newsletter as agreed. You may withdraw your consent and unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time either by sending a message to us or via a dedicated unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
If we receive your e-mail address in connection with the sale of goods or services and you have not objected to this, we are entitled to regularly offer you similar goods and services, such as the one you purchased by using your e-mail. You may withdraw your consent to such use of your e-mail address at any time in the future by sending a message to us or via the unsubscribe link provided in our e-mails.
We may be entitled by applicable laws to store your first and last name, postal address and, if applicable, your title and academic degree and use it for our own advertising purposes, in particular for sending offers and information about our goods and services by postal services. You can object to this use of your information at any time for the future by sending a message to us, without incurring other than the transmission costs according to the basic rates.
- 2.3 Data Sharing and Disclosure
- your consent is given in advance;
- it is necessary to provide you with our services;
- we determine from your inquiry in relation to our products/services that it is appropriate for affiliated J-TEC companies to respond to your inquiry;
- you order products or use other services which require a fee. your name, address, credit card number, and other information is disclosed to financial institutions or other parties for payment settlement;
- our business is assigned or transferred either by operation in law or otherwise including mergers, consolidations and dissolution or transfer of operations;
- your personal information disclosure is required by applicable laws and regulations or such disclosure is otherwise necessary in support of any criminal or other legal investigation or proceeding conducted by relevant authorities; or
- there is an immediate need for disclosure to protect human life or human rights.
- 2.4 International Data Transfer
- We may transfer the personal information we collect to, and store such information in, other countries which may have different privacy or data protection laws than the country in which the information was provided. In such case, we will take appropriate measures to protect your personal information.
- 2.5 Data Security
- J-TEC takes adequate technical and organizational security measures in order to protect your personal information from being misused and to prevent the loss of your information. Your personal information is saved in a secure operating environment that is not accessible to the public. All personal information provided by you in the course of registration or use of personalized services will be transferred in encrypted form in order to prevent misuse of the information by any third party.
- 2.6 Your rights relating to your personal information
To the extent provided by applicable laws, you have the right to request of access to and correction or deletion of personal information or restriction of processing concerning you or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability.
Depending on your location, you may have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority in accordance with the applicable laws if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the applicable laws. For this purpose, you may contact in particular the supervisory authority in the country of your habitual residence or the place of the alleged infringement.
Various web tools (analysis programmes and social media services) have been integrated into the Website(s) or App(s) that use "Cookies" or similar technologies. Cookies are text files that are sent by a web server to the user's browser or the App(s) in order to store information on the user's devices via the browser or Apps that is being used, for example the user's current IP address and information about the user. The next time the web server is accessed, the applicable information regarding the user is transmitted from the Cookie file.
On this Website(s) or App(s), we have engaged some service providers to track and analyze usage and volume statistical information from you. Such service providers may set cookies on behalf of us. We also use other third-party cookies to track the effectiveness of the Websites/App(s) and to advertise our products and services. Some of the web tools that track you include Google Analytics.
Some emails that we send you, such as personal correspondence, do not track you. However, other emails we send might include tracking mechanisms so that we can identify how much traffic those emails send to the Website(s) as well as whether an individual user has opened and clicked on the email. If you want to be sure that none of your email activity is tracked, please unsubscribe from our newsletters and marketing correspondence.
- 3.2 Social Network plug-in
On the Website(s), plug-ins for the social networks have been or may be integrated("network"). When you access the Website(s), these plug-ins can potentially create a direct connection between your browser and the server of the respective network. The content of the plug-in will be directly transmitted from the network to your browser, which will integrate it into the Website(s). We have no control regarding the scope of the data which is collected with the aid of the plug-in. The integrated plug-in informs the network that the user has accessed our website and informs the network of the user's IP address. If the user is logged in to the network of this plug-in at that point in time, the network will be able to link the visit with the user's account.
If the user interacts with the plug-ins, for example in the case of Twitter by clicking on "Tweet This" or with Facebook by clicking the 'I like' button or making a comment, the corresponding information will be transmitted directly from the user's browser to the network where it will then be stored. Furthermore, additional personal data may also be transmitted and stored there, for example the user's IP address, personal browser settings and other parameters.
If you are a member of the respective network and do not want it to collect information about you via the Website(s) and to link this information with the data that the network has already stored about you, then please close the Website(s), log out from your user account for the respective network and afterwards visit the Website(s) once again.
If you are not a member of the network or you have logged from the network before visiting the Website(s), the possibility still exists that the network will ascertain (at least) your IP address and store it. Please note that this information is already exchanged when you visit the Website(s), regardless whether you interact with the plug-ins or not.
4. Children's Personal Information
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children defined by local laws. We encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children's online activities and interests.
5. External links
6. Contact Us
You may contact us using the following contact information: